Still Here

ragni

Still Here

Post by ragni » 2020-09-28 05:04

Hello everyone, just to let you know I'm still using Kollection (now with PHP7.3) and all seems to be working fine.

If someone is interested I'm willing to help setting up the extensions or would write a manual if enough requests are made.

Maybe I'm the only person on this planet still using these extensions but there's one thing I can say: after many many years these extensions still ROCK!

I'm still able to create custom CMS solutions for my clients in a fraction of the time that I'd use using Wordpress for example, the key word here is "custom", only admin areas that have a correspondance to the website's content exist in the control panel, no bloatware or uneeded buttons or controls. HTML5 and CSS3 integration is possible to some extent although I have not been able to create a full mobile panel.

PM me if you require personal assistance or better yet use the forum. Special thank's to Friend's of Interakt, their work on maintaining this website is greatly appreciated.

ianraba

Re: Still Here

Post by ianraba » 2020-10-05 10:41

Hi Ragni
I still have a large number of sites using Kollection but on php 5,6 only (i run my own dedicated servers so easy to keep them all working for the moment)

However would be really keen on getting to grips with updating them to 7.3
A tutorial overview of how to go about this would be incredible if you could share

Thanks

ragni

Post by ragni » 2020-10-08 18:30

I'll start working on one and post it when finished. I'm kind of busy right now but i'll get to it soon.

RM2017

Post by RM2017 » 2020-11-12 21:16

I could use some help upgrading to php 7.1 can you email me I have some questions

info@reunionmanager.net

I still am using collection I can't find anything to it as productive and useful

ccdantas

Post by ccdantas » 2020-11-30 18:36

Hi i am interested on the update to 7.3 please contact me at carlosdantas@msn.com
I have The Pro version

ragni

Post by ragni » 2020-12-16 01:02

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy but I'm willing to help you out with upgrading the interakt DW extensions to work in PHP7+.

As I've stated on this forum I still use kollection for website creation and management.

Just be aware this will not upgrade old websites you have made, it will work only for new websites.

I really agree, there is no other tool like this in the market.

What you need to start is a working copy of Dreamweaver 8 and the update for Dreamweaver 8.02

Then you will need the PHakt extension from Interakt (I beleive it's available on this website) and MX Collection PRO 3.7.1 which was the last version released.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy but I'm willing to help you out with upgrading the interakt DW extensions to work in PHP7+.

As I've stated on the friends of interakt forum I still use kollection for webiste creation and management.

Just be aware this will not upgrade old websites you have made, it will work only for new websites.

But as you say and I really agree, there is no other tool like this in the market.

What you need to start is a working copy of Dreamweaver 8 and the update for Dreamweaver 8.02

Then you will need the PHakt extension from Interakt (I beleive it's available on the friends of interakt website) and MX Collection PRO 3.7.1 which was the last version released.

If you have these we would be ready to start the installation. And I'll start posting the installation instructions, there are some glitches that might make you think it's not working but they still work.

dotuven

Post by dotuven » 2021-01-14 08:14

Ok. I'm ready to go. I did a fresh install of DW8.02 on Windows 10, and have installed the necessary extensions as instructed.
How should we proceed?

ragni

Post by ragni » 2021-01-19 04:28

If your installation is correct, the next step would be to create a new Site as you normally would, fill the fields using the advanced tab. Fill out the first 3 areas: Local Info, Remote Info and Testing Server.

Under Testing Server -> Server model select PHP ADODB test the FTP connection if all is working click on "Done"

Create a new Dynamic page and select PHP4 as the type of file, this will create a new file that includes this line: "<?php //PHP ADODB document - made with PHAkt 3.7.1?>" this is important for the next steps. Save the file and keep it open.

Now go to the Application panel and click on Databases, select ADODB Connection and fill out the corresponding fields with your server and DB info. On Database Type select MySQLi, when done entering data do not click on "Test", just click on "Ok".

At this moment there should be three new folders created on you root website folder: "Connections", "ADODB" and the "Includes" from Kollection.

You must use the files from the updated "ADODB" folder that work with PHP7+ what I normally do is delete the ADODB files content and replace it with the updated files. Also update the Includes files with the patched files found on this website: https://www.interaktonline.info/product ... ection-pro

I am not seeing the updated "ADODB" files on the webiste so please, if you don´t have them please email me: info@igmex.com and I'll send them to you.

Admin: PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF WE CAN POST THIS FILES HERE, I'M ALMOST SURE I GOT THEM FROM HERE BUT I COULDN'T FIND THEM NOW.

Once you have updated these 2 folders upload them along with your "Connections" folder to your website.

Now, if all is done correctly from the Application panel open your Connection and click "Test" and your connection should be succesful.

As a last step please change this line:

on KT_adodb.inc.php on line 52

Change this:

$obj = & new $cls();

to

$obj = new $cls();

And upload.

I've used all the Kollection tools succesfuly including file uploads, login transactions and have "modernized" the CSS files from the original Kollection so the admin section looks modern, my clients love it.

I've also used MXKart for small e-commerce solutions, maybe not the best choice but up to now I've had no security concerns with this old code.

Hope it works for you. If you have any issues please let me know. I'm sure we can work them out.

BEST!

ragni

Post by ragni » 2021-01-19 04:44

I uploaded the updated phakt (ADODB) files here: http://sdipeople.com.mx/adodb.zip

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred » 2021-01-29 00:11

ragni wrote: 2021-01-19 04:44 I uploaded the updated phakt (ADODB) files here: http://sdipeople.com.mx/adodb.zip
Got it, thanks
https://www.interaktonline.info/product ... files.html