Delete Detail Records

Accumike

Delete Detail Records

Post by Accumike » 2012-10-01 12:42

Hi Everyone
I have a list of Job Applications posted to a recruitment site, together with CVs attached in Word or PDF format. We want to do bulk deletes of old Applications, together with associated files. I can do this for individual records using the standard Delete Record SB and the associated SB Form Validation > Delete Detail Records. However, to do bulk deletes, I have a Nextensio form, but I can't see how to add the SB Form Validation > Delete Detail Records. I keep getting a message that there is no delete transaction on the page.
Any idea how to this? - it would save hours of individual deletes.
Thanks
Michael Bullard

Fred
Site Admin

Re: Delete Detail Records

Post by Fred » 2012-10-05 14:10

Hi Micheal,
I am a bit confused here.
Why have the "Delete File"SB under "Form Validation"?

Looking at my setup I have it under MX Kollection >> File Upload >> Delete File

It should be a simple matter of updating the Nextensio form by adding the "Delete File" SB and register it to the "Delete" transaction as type "After"
The file is associated with a specific record I take it and the name stored in the record?

Accumike

Post by Accumike » 2012-10-11 17:30

Hi Fred

Thanks for your reply.

I can see why you are confused. I don't use the Nextensio feature very often and didn't realise that I had to create a 'form' page to go with the list! I have tried doing this, but it won't display. I just get a blank screen and no error message. As Adobe have removed the help files, this may take me a while to figure out.

However, I did see that I can now add the 'Delete File' SB from the menu as you suggested.

Thanks

Michael

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred » 2012-10-11 19:00

There is an error somewhere in the page that stops it from rendering anything.
Set error reporting to on at the start of the page.

Alternatively start from scratch.