difference between versions and some general tips

Any tips and tricks that has to with the ADDT that doesn't fit into one of the other categories
mrhankey

difference between versions and some general tips

Post by mrhankey » 2010-07-31 18:25

Hi,

new to the site, looks great. i was a late buyer into ADDT and have to say it has been great.

a bit concerned about the php version trouble however my host is still running php4 with option of php5.

i see the patch downlaod for includes folder which should solve the issues i guess for php5.3 onwards?

can someone tell me what i might be missing not having the interakt extensions compared to addt? is interakte extensions gone and not obtainable anymore?

one thing i am interested in is the use of adding include files, i cant fine much documentation on this so maybe someone could point me in right direction of what this would do exactly. i.e. do you get a script of the net and this allows you to include it in your site application?

any help, tips would be great.

thanks again

Fred
Site Admin

Re: difference between versions and some general tips

Post by Fred » 2010-08-01 08:46

Not to sure about the differences between ADDT and Interakt.
Never used it. Think the biggest difference it the KTML and MX Ajax Toolbox was left out.

As for using includes of the internet, Integration all depends on what the script do.
The usage of the script is usually documented in the first couple of lines of the script.

Take a look at this site: www.phpclasses.org
In my opinion one of the best collection of php scripts on the internet.

Read the php manual on includes to get a basic idea on how to use it.
http://php.net/manual/en/function.include.php

If you are having an issue with a specific script, give us the details and lets see if we can help you.

mrhankey

Post by mrhankey » 2010-08-02 10:48

thanks fred,

i take it it is not possible to to get interakt extension now?

is there a way i can change the datepicker default image?

many thanks

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred » 2010-08-02 11:48

No unfortunately you they are not available anymore

To change the date picker image look at this article:
http://www.interaktonline.info/article/ ... image.html

It is for the Interakt version, I am not sure if the ADDT version is any different.

mrhankey

Post by mrhankey » 2010-08-06 11:32

thanks fred, i got this sorted it was further down in the page but found it and worked.

can you help support with any addt issues?

was there any major differences or they pretty much the same product?

i saw the php5 patches for addt, that should help alot of people out there including myself. am i right in saying it will allow addt to be used on php5 server? will you continually support this going forward?

thanks again

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred » 2010-08-09 10:34

No-one on the site is in any way affiliated with Adobe and all the submitted work and support are voluntary.

So as long as there are people using it and fixing issues, ongoing updates will be available.

The site will remain free and information available as long as it is not abused by anyone.

If you have a problem, post it in the forum, if you found a solution to a problem, post it as an article on the main site.