ADDT replacement found

Any tips and tricks that has to with the ADDT that doesn't fit into one of the other categories
Menno

ADDT replacement found

Post by Menno » 2016-11-02 02:32

Hi

for some of the work I made in dreamweaver/ADDT I switched to Joomla with Fabrik.
But Joomla is not good for all my work, so I have been looking around for an alternative.
For some time a tried dreamweaver with DMXzone extensions, but somehow it didn't work for me.
There is one important application made with ADDT that is still working but needs te be upgraded and extended.
So I kept looking around and even trying some of the tools that came along.
Databases are important in this all so I even looked at RAD's like Delphi. A lot of possibilities and a lot of money.
Very recently I found Scriptcase, a PHP web development tool from Brasil, and I finally felt at home.
I don't know all the in and outs right now, have not much experience with deployed applications, but the test I did are very promising.
My client will be very satisfied because it even looks and works similar to what I made with ADDT.
And ... with more possibilities, more advanced technology and today's HTML, CSS and PHP versions.
Visit there website, have a look around, visit their e-learning facilities and read some of the messages in the fora.
There you will read that people love the product but complain about bugs that are not fixed and a lack of staf members reading the forum messages.
You can explore a 20 day trial version but if you like it and want to continue you pay at least us$360- for a version with one database.

Curious if anyone else found this product and tried it. What are your experience with it.

kind regards
Menno

Fred
Site Admin

Re: ADDT replacement found

Post by Fred » 2016-11-06 21:32

Looks interesting. However with no php7 support it is basically the same as what we have with interakt at the moment.

Menno

Post by Menno » 2016-11-09 02:08

Yes Fred, it is amazing how close it comes to what I made with ADDT. But is has some nice extras.
If I have some new interesting findings I will post it here.
regards
menno

Menno

Post by Menno » 2016-12-01 23:08

Scriptcase 9 -to be released in January next year- is for PHP 7 as well.

Menno

Post by Menno » 2017-11-24 20:31

Indeed Spriptcase 9 now works with PhP 7

Izbuh

Post by Izbuh » 2017-12-05 17:48

Hi Menno,
I'm sorry but i don't understand if with this tool (Spriptcase 9) is possibile to generate the same behaviours of ADDT.
For example, with "Spriptcase 9" is possibile to show something in a webpage (with bootstrap framework) if the "Recordset Is Not Empty"?
With ADDT we had on Dreamweaver a server behaviour control panel where was possibile to do a lot of things, is the same with "Spriptcase 9"? Is possible open a page, create a recordset and apply the behaviours where I want?
Thanks