Send email - Attachment issue

Timespider

Send email - Attachment issue

Post by Timespider » 2013-07-02 08:44

Hi anyone/Fred, I am having an issue with the send email. I want to send an attachment/photo from a form on a page, can this be done? I can send the email without adding the attachment but can't figure out how to do it with the attachment. I have made the attachment field a file field(in a custom form) & Iv'e selected submit as file, in the options I've selected html-text, but when I look in the attachment tab it says select a folder, this is where I am lost, I don't have the images in a folder as the images are selected on the fly by the public. Has anyone done this with Kollection?

Thanks Chris
Motto: STUPID HURTS

Fred
Site Admin

Re: Send email - Attachment issue

Post by Fred » 2013-07-02 11:11

Let me see now... Did it a long time ago for a training website that allows the students to suggest a test question. Question can include an image file.

Looks like I posted the question to a temp database then send an email with the attachment.
Most importantly you need to upload the image to the server making sure the name is unique.

Then you can have an auto delete to delete the emails and images older than xx days.

Hope this helps