MM Exporter, and moving to 64bit fast computer

Any tips and tricks that has to with the interakt extensions that doesn't fit into one of the other categories
CoastalData

MM Exporter, and moving to 64bit fast computer

Post by CoastalData » 2014-09-24 20:00

Hello Friends!

Today, I have the "joy" of moving my DW8 to a new computer... I had been struggling along running it on a secondary computer because the 8.02 DW system will not run correctly on a 64bit computer. So, today, on my new fast 64bit core i7 computer, I've installed VMWare player, installed XP Pro on it, then DW8, then the 8.02, and now for the fun part... the MX Kollection extensions. :(

But, the last time I did this, I used MM Exporter, and it worked pretty good! I just wanted to check to see if y'all were aware of this tool!?!?! I found it many years ago on the following website, but when I checked today, I cannot find the download link, but lucky for me! I stored the download on my network, so I still have it!

http://mm-exporter.joexx.de/download_en.php

This program allows you to export ALL EXTENSIONS AND SETTINGS and move them to a new computer! Free from the typical painful process of trying to install those extensions again!!!

If anybody wants more information, or if you need this download, PM me! ...Better do it twice, because I may not see your message right away! :D

Take care!

--Jon

CoastalData

Re: MM Exporter, and moving to 64bit fast computer

Post by CoastalData » 2014-09-24 21:10

For anybody trying this method, just remember to set the "compatibility" settings or MM Exporter if running on Vista or greater...

Right click on the desktop icon, go to the compatibility settings tab, select Windows XP SP2, and Run as Administrator.

These settings should get you going.