PHP MySQL to MySQLi Class / MX Kollection 3.7.1

dboy321

PHP MySQL to MySQLi Class / MX Kollection 3.7.1

Post by dboy321 » 2019-08-28 08:35

Hi there guys,

Apologies for posting this here... but maybe it might grab everyone's attention faster.

As you may have noticed, I have been putting some time into the conversion of an MX Kollection PHP 5.6 site to PHP 7. And have been keeping a record of everything with the anticipation of sharing a final working solution to those in a similar situation.

There have been some references on the site to the following PHP MySQL to MySQLi script. (https://www.phpclasses.org/package/9199 ... nsion.html) Having made many changes to my site, I decided to clone a copy (before making changes) in conjunction with the referenced PHP MySQL to MySQLi script and was pleasantly surprised that the cloned the site was displaying the same errors (----- excluding deprecated class / function names)... as my original site. The conclusion being that... generally speaking... and I have to stress generally speaking, the script seems to address most of the MySql to MySqli conversions quite well... with the exception of the following errors that I am getting on both sites.

Is there anyone out there that has addressed the following errors and have been able to overcome them. I am referring to the "login" part of the site but believe that this will re-emerge on other parts of the sites.

From what I understand this relates to Mysql_Result... which no longer exists in PHP 7. There is a work around in the script... but whether this is due to differences in variable / string / function names and so on... the script does not seem to pick up on this.

This is the errors I am currently receiving... please note that "line No.s" will vary to your code as I have been adding / deleting comments in my PHP files:

[27-Aug-2019 02:47:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method mysqli_result::RecordCount() in /home/denis.../public_html/wwe.../includes/tng/tNG.class.php:438
Stack trace:

#0 /home/denis.../public_html/wwe.../includes/tng/tNG.class.php(199): tNG->doTransaction()

#1 /home/denis.../public_html/wwe.../includes/tng/tNG_fields.class.php(61): tNG->executeTransaction()

#2 /home/denis.../public_html/wwe.../includes/tng/tNG_dispatcher.class.php(136): tNG_fields->executeTransaction()

#3 /home/denis.../public_html/wwe.../isteach/index.php(42): tNG_dispatcher->executeTransactions()

#4 {main}
thrown in /home/denis.../public_html/wwe.../includes/tng/tNG.class.php on line 438

Any help, suggestions or feedback would be appreciated.

I have written to a few of you individually and hopefully will hear back from you soon.

All the best,

Denis.

dboy321

Re: PHP MySQL to MySQLi Class / MX Kollection 3.7.1

Post by dboy321 » 2019-08-28 08:38

... alternatively, you can drop me a line on denisnoctor@gmail.com
Thanks.

ragni

Re: PHP MySQL to MySQLi Class / MX Kollection 3.7.1

Post by ragni » 2019-08-28 15:07

Hi Denis, I haven't used the login transactions in a while since i noticed lots of warnings since PHP5.6 so i resorted to other non kollection solutions. Time to start digging into these issues again.

Please see my reply on your other post about updating kollection. Best!