Is Interakt / Mx Kollection Dead due to PHP 7?

dboy321

Is Interakt / Mx Kollection Dead due to PHP 7?

Post by dboy321 » 2019-08-11 05:33

Hi there everyone, I hope this message finds you well. Based on the activity on the forum, it seems everything is slowly drawing to an end. Like many users on this site that have addressed MX Kollection and its future with PHP 7... there seem to be a few suggestions but without much substance. Yes, there are quite a number of posts that have suggested successful implementation of PhAKT with MySqli and so on but without substance or examples. There is a Mysql2Mysqli script that has been recommended but to be honest, I couldn't get it to work. I am working on trying to find a solution to getting MX Kollection 3.7.1 to work with PHP 7. Yep, I am aware that there are deprecated Mysql functions that need to be run under Mysqli but I am having a few problems regarding some "Class" names that should not be repeated in "functions"... which is stated in standard PHP 7 protocol. I am looking at a simple login class at the moment that does not seem to work and have come to the conclusion that "syntax" is the biggest issue in trying to work out this bird's nest of code I am currently dealing with. I would love it if someone who has successfully worked out simple login database connection code based on the original "includes" files to shed some light on the matter and then I will use my time on the other classes (and functions).

I will continue to work on this over the next few weeks and if I find a solution, I will of course share it with this forum. My only concern is that there has been little activity, involvement, feedback and suggestion over the last while and I think everyone has given up. I feel bad... and sad for those who have adopted code the MX Kollection code years back only to realize it was going to bite them on the ass years later. If there is anyone... anyone... out there that can even point a few directions with regard to how this code can be changed to take into consideration a PHP 7 environment, I would be greatly appreciative,

I am not even sure if this message is going to reach out to its current subscribers / members / users but if you get it, give it a moments thought.

All the best, D,

athe.gomez@gmail.com

Re: Is Interakt / Mx Kollection Dead due to PHP 7?

Post by athe.gomez@gmail.com » 2019-08-20 10:34

A lot of courage.
We continue to search how to switch to PHP7 with Interakt and stay tuned.

ragni

Post by ragni » 2019-08-28 14:56

My two cents: The reason that I personally had to finally resort to the phakt model is that I couldn't get dreamweaver to create a successful database connection using kollection on php7+ (mysqli instructions). If a database connection is not possible then any other code updating is of almost no use, the files responsible for this internal connection that allows for database and tables reading inside dreamweaver are located in the _mmServerScripts folder when you first create a database connection from inside dreamweaver.

I tried tinkering with this code and even tried to unpack the kollection mxp file in order to try and update code but that didn't work for me.

I also tried to directly change files in the /program files(x86)/Adobe/Adobe dreamweaver CS4/configuration/Connections/PHP_MySQL/ folder in dreamweaver CS4, these files are the ones that seem responsible for creating the dreamweaver database connection.

I must say that my PHP skills are very basic so probably I missed the mark somewhere and wasn't successful.

I would recommend to start on the internal dreamweaver connection issue, if that's resolved then the next step would be to update the code generated for the kollection scripts which I think would throw lots of warnings but maybe work.

I think this project is still worth everybodys time. Count me in. Please let me know what you need from me (a not so savvy PHP user that doesn't mind Googling until I get the needed answers).

ragni

Post by ragni » 2019-08-28 15:09

Direct contact: ragnivallejo@gmail.com

dboy321

Post by dboy321 » 2019-08-28 18:43

ragni wrote: 2019-08-28 15:09 Direct contact: ragnivallejo@gmail.com
Thanks Ragni

dboy321

Post by dboy321 » 2019-08-30 08:34

ragni wrote: 2019-08-28 15:09 Direct contact: ragnivallejo@gmail.com
Thanks again Ragni... I've sent you an email. Talk soon. All the best, Denis.

dboy321

Post by dboy321 » 2019-09-03 05:34

Hi there Ragni,

Set up the Adodb server behaviour, uploaded the relevant ADODB files and update the Includes files... maybe I did something wrong or an missing something... but there still seems to be a variable or 2 that is obstructing any further development. If anyone has an idea as to where I'm going wrong, please drop me a line (denisnoctor@gmail.com)... Main error seems to be regarding "KTNewConnection"

[03-Sep-2019 03:05:27 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'new' (T_NEW) in /home/public_html/SITE/adodb/Iakt/KT_adodb.inc.php on line 52
Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function KTNewConnection() in /home/.........

Would really appreciate some feedback. If I do get this sorted, I will post a few solutions... but feedback from the site is not the best... :(

All the best.

D

dboy321

Post by dboy321 » 2019-09-10 04:31

Update: fixed this error.

cursowebmx

Post by cursowebmx » 2019-09-17 13:32

Thank you for your attention, here I speak of Brazil - I use and is the best programming tool.