Peter in Finland

kuopiopete

Peter in Finland

Post by kuopiopete » 2010-03-24 09:49

I am English but moved to the Finnish lake district and the forest a few years ago. It is usually peaceful here and hopefully your site be the answer to my current fears. It took some time to find out that I am about to have a problem but I recently discovered that Adobe had ceased their ADDT, the successor to the excellent Interakt extensions.
I have developed a number of websites over the past few years, relying heavily on Interakt extensions and latterly ADDT. I was dismayed to discover that things will fail in PHP 5.3. My hosting company is now on PHP 5.2.11 but thankfully I have a breathing space as they say it will be a few months before they move to PHP 5.3.
My development setup is on Windows Vista where I use XAMPP for my Apache, PHP and MySQL installations. The latest version of XAMPP includes PHP 5.3.2 and I shall shortly be upgrading to this. I use Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium as the basis for my web developments.
I have spent a little time investigating PHP frameworks but I don't really want to move from CS4 as I feel that I am quite familiar with it.
I shall try the suggested changes and test in my current XAMPP setup before moving to 5.3 and testing again.
I am pleased that I have at last found your group Fred and look forward to taking and, perhaps, giving advice and views in the future.

Fred
Site Admin

Re: Peter in Finland

Post by Fred » 2010-03-24 13:04

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum.
Do you have a place for me in your forest? I would love to be able to live in Finland.

Please let us know how you get on with the patches. Especially the ADDT ones.
If you are successful please zip the updated files and upload them.

Please feel free to share your tip, tricks and hacks as well.

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred » 2010-03-24 13:12

A patched file has already been uploaded for ADDT.
http://www.interaktonline.info/files/47 ... patch.html
Give it a shot.

kuopiopete

Post by kuopiopete » 2010-03-24 16:20

It's great living in Finland and today the temperature has at last risen above zero. However the snow is still 60cm+ around the house and on the roof!

I notice that there is an extra file amongst the downloaded patches that doesn't appear in the detail document.

This is includes/tng/tNG_import.class.php where I have identified the only change to be line 104
delete - parent::tNG_multiple($connection);
replace with parent::tNG($connection);

I have patched the files and run tests on my XAMPP 1.7.1 development server which includes PHP 5.2.9 - no problems experienced yet. I shall test a bit further to ensure I have tried all my options before upgrading to XAMPP 1.7.2 which includes PHP 5.3.2.

I'll report back with what happens!

Incidently, I didn't mention that having moved from Interakt to ADDT, I have also installed CKeditor and KFM file manager. These are working well together within my forms.

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred » 2010-03-24 20:16

I notice that there is an extra file amongst the downloaded patches that doesn't appear in the detail document.

This is includes/tng/tNG_import.class.php where I have identified the only change to be line 104
delete - parent::tNG_multiple($connection);
replace with parent::tNG($connection);
Will you re-post this in the relevant forum?
I already sent an email to the member that wrote the article to take a look.

My server has php 5.29 and there is no problems so I think you can safely upgrade to 5.3 for your test when you are ready.

Thanks for the heads up on the file manager you are using, that was one of my biggest problems if and when KTML finally stops working.

Maybe I should create a forum for KTML replacements and we can discuss the pros and cons there.