Create Two UserLogin Schemes on One Site

Lmat

Create Two UserLogin Schemes on One Site

Post by Lmat » 2013-10-16 18:23

I've been using the MX UserLogin successfully, but now I want to create another (different) userlogin for a different part of my site. Is this possible? I created what I thought would work and it disrupted quite a bit. I added new and renamed TNG_inc.cfm and the TNG_config.inc.cfm files - but no avail - it pointed to my other login area. Did I miss another critical file?

Thanks for any help

Fred
Site Admin

Re: Create Two UserLogin Schemes on One Site

Post by Fred » 2013-10-18 13:34

Help me out here...
I have seen this request before and can't for the life of me figure out why any one would want to do it that way.

The loginSB supports multiple access levels and with that you can give or deny access to any page or menu item.

XMS Systems supports 21 different access levels. In effect I can create 21 different "parts" to any website by simply moving a members access level from one to the other. Each having a bit more access that the previous level.

If that is not good enough, give each page a unique number and list all the pages a member has access to in one field in his profile.
Then simply compare the value of the page with the values in the access field of the member and if it is there, then give access.
If not then do whatever.

Maybe if I understand why you would want to do it that way I can try and help you out but your problem is most probably with the php session and the data associated with it.