CSS menu not working in crome & cause issue with flash in IE

glensbo

Re: CSS menu not working in crome & cause issue with flash i

Post by glensbo » 2012-10-15 16:05

Thanks for your quick reply, I have tried your remedy, but in vain. I have searched my site for name="wmode" (I use Dreamweaver) but only found it in the code for the flash-movie I have made myself. Where else can I look for the param name/value pairs?
Regards Henrik

Timespider

Post by Timespider » 2012-10-15 19:54

Hi Glensbo, if this is the page you are referring to www.mestermadsen.dk then the movie below the top horizontal menu isn't javascript movie it is a flash movie & you seem to be having the same issue as I was. You may want to try what Fred suggested & if you can't see that param try adding it in to your flash movie. Else try a javascript/jquery slide show to get around the issue. Looking at your movie a javascript/jquery slide show will work & look just the same. I never fixed this issue but just kept it in mind when deigning other sites.
Motto: STUPID HURTS

glensbo

Post by glensbo » 2012-10-15 22:03

Well I can see that - now. I still is puzzled and will look in other directions to see if I can solve the problem, by looking closely into the CSS scripts , perhaps some of it is not quite nice CSS for Chrome? But for a while I have another pretty serious problem as my PPC iMac have lost its logic board and finding a replacement seems to be pretty difficult. Thanks for your help so far I will revert when(if) I solves the problem(s)

Regards

Henrik

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred » 2012-10-16 09:24

For your info,
The background for the menu is not rendering in firefox. The couple of menus that covers the flash.

Try adding a Z-Index to the css and see what happens.